Our Company History
Mission Bell Manufacturing is a California-based company that specializes in quality architectural woodwork, millwork and custom casework - from the most intricate one-of-a kind quality woodwork fixture to standard production cabinets. Originally named "Morgan Hill Millwork," the company was founded in 1959 by Leonard Scianna and his wife Marjorie, along with two other business partners. In 1963, the company was incorporated and moved from Morgan Hill to a larger building in Santa Clara, located at Mission and Bellomy Streets, and the name was changed to Mission Bell Manufacturing Co. Shortly thereafter, Mr. Scianna purchased Mission Bell from his partners and became the sole owner. In 1980, to accommodate continued growth of the company, Mission Bell relocated back to Morgan Hill, and it is now a second-generation family owned and operated business.
Family is still an important aspect of the culture of Mission Bell. Brothers Mark, Gregg and John Scianna are involved with day to day operations and leadership and serve on the Board of Directors. In addition to the Scianna family, the Mission Bell team includes many other families as well. Whether we're related by blood or not each member of our team is an important part of the Mission Bell family.
In 2002, Mission Bell became an ESOP company. The Employee Stock Ownership Plan means that each member of the Mission Bell team has the potential to become an "employee owner." We're all working together to ensure we meet our commitments to our customers with both a short term and a long term view in mind. As Mission Bell continues to grow and become more successful, those bottom line dollars are growing the value of our ESOP at the same time. It's just another way Mission Bell is living out our purpose of "Appreciating Worth."